Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 04:48:49PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:29:57AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > So far, the proposals have gotten as far as "Deals with a problem".
> > > [In the sense that we have a conflict of opinion between people who
> > > think non-free is a thing we should support and people who think that
> > > non-free is not a thing we should support].
> > >
> > > But where's the rest of it?
>
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 07:34:17PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > Why does there need to be anything else?
>
> I'm looking, perhaps in vain, for some rationale behind what you've
> been proposing.

Many have been offered over the past three and a half years.

That you appear not to have found any of them persuasive means neither
that they weren't offered, nor that no one else found them compelling.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Intellectual property is neither
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual nor property.