Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 07:34:17PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Why does there need to be anything else?

I'm looking, perhaps in vain, for some rationale behind what you've
been proposing.

> You've just restated the question that we're trying to vote on ("Should
> we support non-free [y/n]").

Eh?

I certainly have restated the question.  But I haven't *just* restated
it -- that restatement was a part of a question.  That question, at its
crudest, is "What's the point?"

> Your reponses to it, including this last one[0], have all simply said "I
> would vote [y], therefore I don't agree with removing it, so I don't
> think we should remove it". I think we got that part already. Please
> wait until the ballots go out before trying to vote :P

You seem to be saying that it's futile to even ask if there's any benefit
to be gained by dropping non-free.

-
Raul