Re: one of the many reasons why removing non-free is a dumb idea

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:40:58AM -0500, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> If the committee currently working with the FSF on the issue does not
> resolve it, then yes.
>
> Works not meeting the DFSG can not go in main, and without non-free,
> they would not be distributed by Debian at all.

Note that debian-private also does not meet DFSG, and is not guaranteed
by the social contract.

If the only point here is that debian resources shouldn't be used to
distribute non-DFSG stuff we should place getting rid of debian-private
at a higher level of priority than non-free.

--
Raul