Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 03:00:08PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> That you're sincerely disappointed in the outcome of the last GR
> doesn't indicate a flaw in the system though -- pretty much every time
> we have two options on the ballot, *someone* is going to be
> disappointed.

You're associating two ideas that I specifically separated into distinct
paragraphs.  I don't see anything wrong with the system, but some people
do. I am asking them to identify the problem and propose a fix.  That I
was disappointed in the outcome of the last vote is simply an opinion I
hold about the content of the vote, not the mechanism in which it was
deployed.  I thought I had made myself perfectly clear, but apparently
not.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/