Re: Proposed ballot for the constitutional amendment

Hi,

Manoj Srivastava:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 06:29:33 +0100 (CET), Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> said:
>
> 	I think you need a better grammar book.
>  I shall ...  They will.
>  I will  ...  They shall.

Don't use a confusing rule when a simpler one will suffice.

The simple rule is that you (used to) use "will" when the subject of the
sentence is identical to the person who has the intent, and "shall"
otherwise.

Disclaimer: If this is utterly wrong, my brain shall lay the blame upon
            my memory.  ;-)

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
 - -