Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 08:45:31PM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> I _think_ the same basic strategy applies:  Rank the non-default
> options sincerely, then insert the default option after your "lesser
> of evils" option.

That doesn't work. Suppose there are three options, and everyone does this.
People vote:

	20 ADBC
	20 BDAC
	20 CDAB

A beats B 40:20
B beats C 40:20
A beats C 40:20
D beats A, B and C 40:20

Which makes D win, rather than A, B or C.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''