Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

Hi,

Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> 1.  Approval voting has obvious incentives to strategic voting.  The
>     electionmethods people consider it clearly inferior to Condorcet
>     voting, in part for this reason.  Specifically, why don't you
>     think this is a problem with the proposed method?

With Approval, there's no difference between strategic voting and expressing
your preference. On an Approval ballot you can only say "I like this option"
or "I don't like it". You can't express "I like A more than B but I can live
with either of them."

Our method doesn't have that problem.
--
Matthias Urlichs  |  {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de  |   smurf@smurf.noris.de