Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 06:36:27PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I.E.  when options are fairly close, a
> minority finding a particular option unacceptable can change the
> outcome of the election.

This doesn't come into play so much when options are fairly close, but
rather when we're all fairly apathetic about making a particular decision.
If you have 2R votes tallied, this is simply not an isse; that means
you need around 100 out of 1000 developers to vote, for there to be no
issues at all. Quorum is to protect us against carelessly making bad
binding decisions because no one's interested.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''