Re: Ending votes early

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 09:02 PM, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

BTW, people did revote on the last day of the DPL elections,
 and the narrowest victory was in single digit votes, ( 4 beats
 2: 228 224 = 4 ).

If there were 4 people who hadn't voted, then, the outcome was still in doubt. With the number of developers, and the number who don't even vote for DPL, I doubt that clause could ever be used.

If the 2003 DPL election is any guide --- with 831 developers and 488 votes cast --- that clause could never be invoked except in an absolute landslide, and quite possibly never. I think that makes it fairly worthless.

PS: Apologies for accidentally cc'ing you on my last post.