Re: Ending votes early

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 03:10:56AM -0400, moth@magenta.com wrote:
> > > I've always taken it to mean "ignoring the slight possibility that
> > > people who have voted didn't mean what they said".
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:02:00PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > 	I am not sure that the possibility is slight, really.
>
> Oh?  In the elections you have details on, roughly how many ballots
> (out of how many total) got changed?

Here, I've got an anecdote that will scare you straight.

It's my understanding that if the 2003 DPL election had been terminated
48 hours early (without advance warning), I would be your DPL today.

There.  That ought to get everyone on board for Manoj's proposal.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.