Re: integrity of elections

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:18:45PM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:

And why do you think this should be allowed?

Because they are a part of the debian community, and probably have a
reasonable understanding of debian politics.

That's true of some of our users too. There would be a few who have been
around longer than most of our developers. Some who have contributed
more than some of our developers, too.

True, but we don't get a vote, either.  And that's OK by me.

Debian has, in general, been very, very good about letting anyone who has a valid point participate in the political and policy debates, regardless of status -- sometimes at fairly high levels, too. There was at least one non-voting user on the committee tasked to develop the new proposed voting method.

Hamish