Re: integrity of elections

>> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:11:23 +0000,
>> Matthew Vernon <matthew@sel.cam.ac.uk> said:

 > In which case, there should be a procedure for abstaining?

	Simple. Just vote all candidates at 1 -- and put the default
 option at 5 (v11115).

 > Personally, I've yet to notice any of the DPLs whilst I've been in
 > the project achieving very much, and was not sufficiently convinced
 > by any of the manifestos to actually want to vote for any of the
 > candidates; equally, I expect any of them would do a passable job,
 > so I don't want to vote RON either.

	Voting all candidates equally expresses no preference between
 them -- but rating them over the default option indicates you think
 they are all capable.

	You ballot would indicate you were rpesent, and express your
 true choces in the election.

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and
can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying