Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 11:15:41PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:06:59PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Or perhaps "Please respect the privacy of this mailing list." ?
>
> Works for me. Let's implement that. Should we start a new GR to formally
> approve this sig that we already use, and make it "official"?

Since we aren't likely to take any more action based on such a GR than
we do based on the current state of affairs, it seems to me that
expanding the paragraph in the developer's reference about -private
would be just as effective and a lot less heavyweight.

For reference, the current text says: