Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

Le Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 08:23:26PM +0000, Andrew Suffield écrivait:
> #debian could also be considered a representative part of Debian in
> the eyes of the casual visitor, but it is also in no way a Debian
> resource. Take your personal gripes up with the channel founder, which
> is currently Wichert Akkerman.

It's absolutely fantastic. Each person has its own opinion about who has
the right to decide about this issue. Branden doesn't agree with you for
example (ie he doesn't think that it's up to Wichert to decide) ...

I really wonder why we have a constitution and a vote system if
it's not meant to be used... why do people fear using our (more or less)
democratic « tools » ?

Anyway, let's see Wichert opinion :

Wichert, as the channel founder, which policy should be applied on
#debian-devel ?

If you don't think that it's up to you to decide, what is the correct
way to decide the policy for the channel ?

> > nothing came out. Now I've launched a general resolution so that we can
> > take a final decision and stop loosing time with such stupid issues.
>
> And if it passes, exactly nothing will change. Debian has no power to
> enforce this policy.

I hope the operators (who are Debian developers) will accept Debian's
decision. Otherwise I really don't see why we have a constitution ...

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com