Re: I like DDTS

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 12:56:52PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Sven wrote:
> > Anyway, it may make a good aditional way of getting at the information, but a
> > wishlist (or even using a new severity: translation) bug against the packages
> > would be nicer to find info about the state of translation of one package
> > without having to look trough various thousands of mails.
>
> Which means we could clutter the BTS with info that the maintainer can't
> act on.

ok, wichert you say this all the time. And I say: this is wrong.

You can report any bug, if you believe, that this bug is in relation
to the package.

If you are right, please close all bugs that the maintainer can't act
on.

You (or others?) say: it is ok, to sending such bugs to the bts (and
maybe it is better, if the ddts send this reports direkt to the
maintainer.)

But you can't oup-out from the BTS system, the BTS make a big
overhead.

IMHO a opt-out is much better. We don't miss a maintainer, we don't
ignore maintainer and we have the maintainer in the loop. And with one
Mail, he don't get any mail from the ddts.

Maybe the translations will used this year from a lot of users in non
english speaking countries. And IMHO we should inform the maintainer
from the translation (like the bts bugs)

Gruss
Grisu
"Montag ist eine furchtbare Art, ein Siebtel seines Lebens zu
 verbringen."   --- Gerd Schmerse in detebe