Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:32:23PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:
>
> > He continues to assert on debian-devel that he should have the right to
> > send unsolicited, automatic mails with a default policy of having every
> > maintainer subscribed to his list.
>
> How about if instead of this, he sent automated entries to the BTS?

That would better, but I still think it's a bad idea, because there is
no meaningful way to integrate the translations yet.

Once dpkg permits localized package descriptions, it would be
appropriate.  Until then, I think the DDTS should queue up the
translations, and, after dpkg supports localized package descriptions,
*ONE* bug report per *SOURCE* package should be filed as a wishlist
item.

In fact, it would probably be a good idea if all translation updates
were queued and sent out at intervals (say, once per month or so)
instead of synchronously with the update (unless the package maintainer
wanted them that way).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      It doesn't matter what you are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      doing, emacs is always overkill.