Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:26:53PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen écrivait:
> > * Glenn McGrath
> >
> > | By the same argument i should be able to opt out of recieving mail from the
> > | bug tracking system about any future bugs in the package i maintain,
> >
> > Nope, because part of your duties as a maintainer is to fix those
> > bugs, and/or pass them upstream.
>
> Stop being stupid, our goal is to provide a good OS for all our users,
> this does include having *good* localized content whereever
> it's possible. For this the maintainer may want to review the
> translations ...

I don't think anyone here is saying we shouldn't translate everything.
However, what Michael has done is not official, and is a hack-end-run around
the existing tools.

Until maintainers can actually make use of the information, it serves no
purpose(the emails, not the translations).

> That's EXACTLY why those mails have started to be sent !

No, they are being sent because Michael wants to push his pet project onto the
rest of the project.

> But yes, the (un)subscription was not very practical so it has been
> stopped until a better solution is developed.

The (un)subscription was stopped?  Do you mean the mails were still being
sent?