Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

Le Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 10:53:01AM -0500, Adam Heath écrivait:
> I don't think anyone here is saying we shouldn't translate everything.
> However, what Michael has done is not official, and is a hack-end-run around
> the existing tools.

The fact that the current solution is not yet integrated changes nothing
to the value of the translation itself. It's even Wichert who said that
this effort should continue as it is until the support of it (whose form
is unknown as of yet) has been integrated into dpkg and the other tools.

> Until maintainers can actually make use of the information, it serves no
> purpose(the emails, not the translations).

They can proofread the translations when they know the languages. They can
refuse some translations (although the impact of this refusal is really
limited since not many people use the actual mechanism).

> > That's EXACTLY why those mails have started to be sent !
>
> No, they are being sent because Michael wants to push his pet project onto the
> rest of the project.

No, some people have asked that. Look the archives.

> > But yes, the (un)subscription was not very practical so it has been
> > stopped until a better solution is developed.
>
> The (un)subscription was stopped?  Do you mean the mails were still being
> sent?

The mails are no more sent until a better subscription mechanism is
available. You could have read that several times elsewhere in this
thread.

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com