Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:38:02AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> You misunderstand. Having an opinion and trying to "lead" the project does
> not mean overriding the Developers' final decisions. Obviously the DPL
> can have one opinion, and lobby for one result, while still making
> decisions based on what the developers wish.

Granted. If the meaning of "support" in your mail was just having an opinion
and advertise it, there is nothing wrong with that. When supporting means
actively leading the project in that direction, then I think there is some
weight in the constitution against that.

Until now, we have ever found out early enough when someone was visibly
acting against the majority of the developers, for sure ;)

Thanks for the clarification,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de