Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 09:24:45AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> I would certainly not like to vote for someone who just said "I'll
> support whatever the project supports", since that would not be a
> "leader" at all, but a follower :)

Or perhaps that means he thinks it's an issue for the developers
to decide, rather than just the project leader. In the case of
non-free removal I certainly agree.

We've seen what happens when a project leader tries to decide something
controversial. Remember when Bruce chose the chicken logo? He had good
reasons for choosing the one he did, but at the first opportunity, we had
two (or was it three?) votes to decide on a replacement.

Hamish