Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 07:42:18AM -0500, Dale E Martin wrote:
> Better yet, since the mp3 format is not Free due to patents, etc, use ogg
> vorbis - "apt-get install vorbis-tools libvorbis0" (in unstable.)  They're
> totally patent free, the files are smaller (and sound as good IMHO, and
> others HOs), and soon there will even be hardware support for them.  There
> are also plugins for most major players (including WinAmp)...

I am well aware of Ogg Vorbis, and am quite enthusiastic about it.

What it doesn't help you with is playing back all the MP3 files in the
world that already exist.

Anyway, we are now gravely off topic... :)

--
G. Branden Robinson             |     To stay young requires unceasing
Debian GNU/Linux                |     cultivation of the ability to unlearn