Re: [BALLOT] Leader Election 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> This is still not accepting my key. I'm using GPG with an RSA/IDEA key
> (generated with PGP originally). I confirmed that the signature is OK.
> The updated key was accepted into the keyring several weeks ago.

In plain terms.. Your mailer is screwed up and is violating the standards.

You are using PGP MIME which is fine, the script supports that. However,
you are using a MD5 hash, but your mailer has indicated in the header it
is using a SHA-1 hash. This bad data confuses the system and causes it to
fail.

When mutt parses these messages it ignores the header and invokes gpg in a
different way (that is not suited to a mail gateway IMHO) which avoids the
bug.

The header that is wrong is this header:

        protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL"

So please, if you are using mutt, configure it correctly.

However, since this appears to be widespread for some stupid reason I have
enabled a work around in the code.

Jason