Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:03:48PM -0600, Sam TH wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 10:31:00PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > mpg123                    MPEG layer 1/2/3 audio player
> >
> > 	This has a hand-rolled license.  Is there a freely-licensed MP3
> > 	player available?  I am aware of the patent issues but view them
> > 	with scorn.
>
> Try mpg321, now in unstable.  It doesn't do everything that mpg123
> does, but they are working on it.

This is probably off-topic for -vote, but what the hell.  Educate your
candidates.

What specifically does mpg321 not do?  All I really need it to do is play
back the file from start to finish, and accept any valid file in the
format.

> First, those aren't the specs.  The specs are all available at the W3C
> website, under the license described here:

Thanks for the clarfication.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny that
Debian GNU/Linux                |   reading it will cause an aneurysm.  This