Re: An ammendment (Re: Formal CFV: General Resolution to Abolish Non-Free)

On Jun 13, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> AFAIK the helix people are free to upload their debs if they want to
> maintain them according to our policies..

FWIW they seem to have done a good job of packaging and maintaining
the Gnome stuff.  It'd be nice to see someone from Helix officially
maintaining our Gnome packages (or have them liaise with the current
Debian maintainer(s) of those packages).

I agree that I'm not really sure what value we'd add by mirroring
other peoples' debs.  Far better to maintain this "add-ons" system
using the existing practices and procedures for main.

Chris