Re: An ammendment (Re: Formal CFV: General Resolution to Abolish Non-Free)

> > On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 11:03:33PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> >   4) noting that the Debian project already distributes various other
> >      collections of unofficial packages, the project endorses a move to
> >      specifically collect the various other add-on components such as
> >      "experimental", "orphaned", "non-free" and "contrib" and to clearly
> >      separate these from the "main" collection.

Would this, potentially, provide a logical location to place OTHER
archives. For instance, I mean, the Helix Gnome collection of debs is
far better then our group and I think it would be nice to show our
support to them. So, what about providing a place within the debian
distribution unofficial area to include their collection...assuming they
were ok with that. The benefit? Providing easier access to our
"customers" for another collection of good debian packages without
having to maintain all of those packages internally.

Did what I said here make sense? I was trying, at least.

Anyways, just a thought.

Paul J Thompson