Re: [CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT] Disambiguation of 4.1.5

Buddha Buck <bmbuck@14850.com> writes:

> ----------
>    4.1. Powers
>
>     Together, the Developers may:
>      1. Appoint or recall the Project Leader.
> -    2. Amend this constitution, provided they agree with a 3:1 majority.
> +    2. Amend the Foundation Documents of the Debian Project, provided
> +       they agree with a 3:1 majority
> +    2.1 The Foundation Documents are the Debian Social Contract, the
> +        Debian Free Software Guidelines, and this document, the
> +        Debian Constitution.

I like this formulation. I don't even want to think the thought that
later changes to the consitutions makes it self-contradicting. Manoj's
proposal was of course not self-contradicting but sometime somebody
will propose to change 4.1.2 to require 10:1 majority to change the
Constitution without changing the propper part of 4.1.5.

The above formulation does prove the equallity of the Social
Contract/DFSG and the Constitution. Splitting SC and DFSG seems right
to me. We do mean different things when we're mentioning them. That
the SC referes to DFSG is not a problem.

--
"If I had been brought up in a different time [...] perhaps I'd
 be totally comfortable in ML and would find C unsafe, a little