Re: The constitution and the social contract

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 06:41:08PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Folks, can we please stop grand standing and get the bloody
>  show on the road, please? <insert stories of how we got along
>  intelligently in the good old days here>.

(Say, when Christian Schwartz had an opinion on whether packages should
have multiple maintainers, or when Bruce Perens had an opinion on what
APT should be called, or when Ian Jackson had an opinion on who you
should vote for for DPL...)

>  I understand the need for
>  process, now that we have grown beyond a cosy little group, but
>  surely there is no need for gag orders and rules for the sake of
>  rules, is there?

I don't think Thomas or Darren or Raul would let their personal
opinions on the matter get in the way of their counting votes. I don't
think there's any need to worry about prejudice if the vote's done
non-anonymously (like at least some have been).

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark