Re: The constitution and the social contract

> 	I aver that voicing an opinion (which everyone with any sense
>  would know that a secretary has) does not create a conflict of
>  interest. How on earth is merely making public ones opinion (which
>  already exists) actually creating a conflict?

[...]

> 	I think that assuming that if one has opinions one can't be
>  nuetral speaks volumes about the people who make these assumptions.

The way you phrase this indicates that you don't understand what I'm
saying at all.  But rather than waste further energy trying to explain
it, I'll just not bother.

I will freely continue to assert that it's unwise for one person to be
an advocate for a cause and a judge of that cause at the same time,
and urge people who are judges not to become champions of causes
At the same time, they shouldfully declare any potential conflicts of
interest; certainly they should not try and keep them secret.

I will urge this on potential judges, and you should feel free to urge
the opposite.  There is no need for us to convince each other.

Thomas