Re: The constitution and the social contract

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 12:27:26PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > We have no right or ability to force participation from our members,
> > but it would be polite for someone in such a (currently) critical
> > position to ask for help when needed.
>
> Sure, but given the negative remarks people have levelled at Darren,
> this situation has [unfortunately] devolved below polite and supportive
> communication.

But the (quiet) majority of developers hasn't done anything to make it that
way. A project's officer should not bear a grudge with the whole project
-- by not sharing information that affects us -- just because one or two
badly behaved people offended him.

I'd be happy to take measures against those who did anything wrong to an
officer (e.g. rebuke, flame, lart, anything :), but that can only be done
after they've harmed him...