Re: The constitution and the social contract

On 31-Oct-00, 04:56 (CST), Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 06:38:53PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > We need a secretary, now, to deal with the current situation and to
> > focus on procedure.
>
> We *have* one.

That's not completely obvious to those of us reading the lists. There's
been no response to several urgent questions regarding the current
ballot, not even "I'm stuck in private business, back in two weeks,
please consider everything on hold", which would be perfectly acceptable
in our volunteer organization. We have no right or ability to force
participation from our members, but it would be polite for someone in
such a (currently) critical position to ask for help when needed.

> There isn't any particular urgency for him to act at the moment, and
> he wants to make sure that what he says next is as correct as possible.

Actually there was an urgency. There isn't now, because the vote ended
10/23/2000, with no response from Darren after 10/10/2000 (unless I
inadvertantly deleted something, which is quite possible, so feel free
to correct me).

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read