Re: Logo swap vote is bogus

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 08:46:51PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> OK, it looks like a mail SNAFU and the web pages being behind, have conspired
> to ensure that I didn't see that.
>
> I'll leave you with a fairly simple question:
>
>   I like the swirl logo, and want it to be widely used.
>   I don't like the bottle logo, and don't want it as our official logo.
>
>   How should I vote ?
Consider this, nothing forces anybody to NOT use the swirl even if they're
entitled to the official logo...  somebody who makes the an "Official
Debian CD" can still use the swirl sans bottle.  A real-life case in point,
the web team is considering using the swirl sans bottle no matter which one
is "official"

> Can we expect the logo4 vote to be about getting rid of the bottle ?
I seriously hope not...

>   I should have said all this prior to the start of voting,
>   but I was busy -- sorry.
That is a point.. the current system only gives a person two weeks to be busy
if they want to make ANY comment...