Re: complaints about vote announcements (was: Re: The Ugly Logo and the Consequences)

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 03:13:01AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Why is this discussion a) being held here, and b) using a subject
> that doesn't even come close the what is being discussed?
>
> While I have your attention, let me say that I think the CFVs are
> currently being send to the right lists (-devel-announce and -vote).
> Sending them to more mailinglist does not make much sense I think.
> Both lists (especially -devel-announce) should (if they aren't currently) be
> mentioned as highly recommend (and low traffic) reading material.

I totally agree with you.

What i disagree with, is that i didn't know that i was highly recommended to read
devel-announce, didn't even know about the list, but i guess that after the mess i
made here about that, most people will be aware now. :) ...

Anyway, could it be possible to inform this fact in some more prominent way on the
web page, or in a debian-new or someting.

> Furthermore if people weren't aware that a vote is happening they
> are probably not informed enough to cast a proper vote. These days
> votes are announced on 2 of our lists, our webpage, DWN, and a bunch
> of newssites such as slashdot. You almost have to try not to become
> aware of them..

No, i don't think so, once you know there is something to vote, you can search
background about the matter, and with the webs help, have an educated opinion in
what an hours time, perhaps a bit more.

> Wichert (who is about to announce another big vote :).

Hope i will recevie it now.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER