Re: gtk-gnutella

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 11:58:47PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi Anand,
>
> On Thursday, 24 Nov 2005, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Unfortunately the current version of gtk-gnutella in Debian 3.1 (and
> > testing and unstable for that matter) is about to be excluded from the
> > network because the client is too old to correctly interoperate with the
> > rest of the network.
> >
> > Thus, in order to keep the program functional for our users I'd like to
> > upload version of gtk-gnutella targetted at Debian 3.1 users to
> > volatile.
> >
> > What/where do I do the upload?
>
> could you please first send a unified diff or a link to a unified diff
> to the list so the changes could be discussed.

<http://www.progsoc.org/~wildfire/debian/gtk-gnutella/gtk-gnutella-0.95to0.96b.diff>

It's 18MiB of unified diff goodness.

Far larger than 2.5MiB gtk-gnutella 0.96b the updated source release is.

For gtk-gnutella I would not anticipate being able to release patches to
the program but upgrading it to the latest release:

	- to ensure it did no harm to the network
	- and correctly interoperated with other clients
	- is actually able to be used on the network

Cheers,
Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are