Re: seeding /dev/random from a security key

Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> For what you want to do, and if I am parsing it correctly... I would
> write a daemon in C [...]

Only in the unlikely case that both RNGD and SCDrand turn out unsuitable
somehow. Writing and compiling a daemon is no less work than compiling
an already written daemon.

> The part about extracting the entropy from the source would use
> OpenSSL or GnuPG. I believe you would compile and link to OpenSSL's
> libcrypto.{a|so}, or GnuPG's libgcrypt.{a|so}.

RNGD 6 actually uses OpenSC's libp11, where it calls the function
PKCS11_generate_random, which in turn calls the PKCS #11 function
C_GenerateRandom.

Björn Persson