Re: partition reporting full, but not

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 02:42:18AM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> Keith Bainbridge composed on 2024-02-20 17:45 (UTC+1100):
>
> > I just removed 3 snapshots from my daily driver with no change in used
> > space reported by df
>
> df doesn't know how to calculate freespace on btrfs. You need to be typing
>
> 	btrfs filesystem df
>
> if you have not aliased df to btrfs filesystem df.

Still, Keith seems to have a real shortage of file system free space,
otherwise Debian upgrades wouldn't fail.

I don't know much about btrfs, but what would be really helpful (if
you do, and it seems so) would be for you to fill us in on how to
asses the space used up by old snapshots (what seems to be the main
suspect currently).

Cheers