Re: partition reporting full, but not

On 20/2/24 19:38, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 02:42:18AM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
Keith Bainbridge composed on 2024-02-20 17:45 (UTC+1100):

I just removed 3 snapshots from my daily driver with no change in used
space reported by df

df doesn't know how to calculate freespace on btrfs. You need to be typing

	btrfs filesystem df

if you have not aliased df to btrfs filesystem df.

Still, Keith seems to have a real shortage of file system free space,
otherwise Debian upgrades wouldn't fail.

I don't know much about btrfs, but what would be really helpful (if
you do, and it seems so) would be for you to fill us in on how to
asses the space used up by old snapshots (what seems to be the main
suspect currently).

Cheers

Tomas, the upgrade failure was earlier than these notes. It has now worked

Sorry, but I don't know how to assess the snapshot space usage.

--
All the best

Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com