Re: partition reporting full, but not

On 19/02/2024 06:26, Keith Bainbridge wrote:

So later yesterday afternoon I created a new snapshot with no obvious change is free space.

Effect of snapshots is delayed. When you remove a file that does not belong to any snapshot, some disk space is reclaimed. However to restore a file (even a removed later) from a snapshot, it must be stored anywhere. That is why snapshots consume disk space.

Try to remove unnecessary snapshots. I have no idea if btrfs requires additional maintenance.