Re: partition reporting full, but not

On 18/2/24 07:34, debian-user@howorth.org.uk wrote:
Keith Bainbridge <keithrbau@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes the / partitions are btrfs

So the apparently missing space is perhaps taken up by btrfs snapshots.

Seems to be the prime suspect. If that's the case, btrfs is NOT hard-linking the snapshots as timeshift claims it does. The only way to check is install on ext4 and compare. I have saves enough free space to do this.

My effort to date is to move my home to /mnt/data and sim-link it into /home. df is now showing 2.3GB free on /. df showed /home as 2.2GB yesterday. At least there is a little space to play with; and give me time to consider. A fresh install may be worth checking in snapshots are as big as this all makes them look.

a few brief answer to other comments will follow
--
All the best

Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com