Re: Partitioning an SSD?

On 2/15/23 14:58, PMA wrote:
Dear Debian,

I'm preparing to install Debian 11.5.0 on a new computer.

Please tell us about the computer, the environment it will be deployed in (including Internet access or none), and the role of the computer.

Its drives are SSDs, not the HDDs I've been accustomed
to and have always fastidiously *partitioned*.

With my file groupings already well differentiated c/o
directory-tree layout, is there any further advantage
to be had in partitioning *these* drives?

(I do understand somewhat the difference between the
drive types -- e.g., that SSDs don't assign functional
space.  I'm just not sure what other issue may apply.)

Thanks in advance for your time!

Best regards,
Peter Armstrong

David