Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On 2/14/23 06:29, Brian wrote:
On Tue 14 Feb 2023 at 06:23:34 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 04:04:29PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
On 2/13/23 14:10, Brian wrote:
lsusb -v | grep -A 3 bInterfaceClass.*7

FWIW, if you invoke lsusb with the -v option, you need
some superpowers. So better "sudo lsusb -v".

I do not believe that to be the case.

As your user run 'lsusb -v | less' and clear the screen
(CTRL-L) or scroll up and down. Observations? Gene
Heskett did use sudo. Note the different messages.

Anyway, this USB-only printer from 2016 does not provide
an IPP-over-USB service. This is not unexpected.

Are you saying that this printer has been sitting on the Staples display for 5 years when I bought it new about when it first showed up there 2 years ago? And I bought it to replace an older but nearly like model that had decided it did not have a toner insert when it had a new one of the proper ID in it and had been using it for a couple reams of paper already?

I find it quite unlikely this printer is 7 yeas old. My bigger, tabloid sized printer, yes, easily 7 years old as I originally bought it to do rockhopper printouts of the control logic of my linuxcnc machines with fewer sheets of tabloid sized paper. A single machine can output enough logic info to piece together, taping sheets together to cover a wall, more than covering a single 4x8 foot sheet of plywood. Great for troubleshooting but eats shop space like M&M's candy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis