Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Mon 13 Feb 2023 at 10:08:22 -0500, gene heskett wrote:

> On 2/13/23 10:00, Brian wrote:

> > > Precisely the unsaid point of my last post.  That will be the impetus to
> > > fork cups.
> >
> > That's very doubtful. The printing system's New Architecture
> > includes extensive and sound provision to support legacy
> > printers. More or less, all the PPD's and drivers distributed
> > by Debian are catered for.
>
> The idea is fine, Brian, but for Brother stuff, its crippling. A multitray
> printer is restricted to the most expensive paper, where duplex does not
> work either.  In 2023, that is Unforgivable.

You are basing your view on experience of a single Brother
printer, the MFC-J6920DW. This is an IPP printer. It is
perfectly possible for the IPP implementation to be less
than perfect. Nothing to do with our printing system.

You'll have thoroughly investigated this aspect of the
vendor's machine, of course?

--
Brian.