Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 09:25:22AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

[...]

> Ahh nice Tomas, until it says Brother on the printer. Brother has a system
> of drivers AND a Linux installer that will make their printers work exactly
> on Linux as they do on windows [...]

Last Brother I had was straight PS (well, a somewhat crippled one, but
setting things for Level 1 "fixed" most quirks) and an IP port.

More than enough for lprng.

I mistrust vendor "drivers".

[...]

> FWIW, users of Brother printers should keep the installer and re-run it
> occasionally, as it will automatically install the latest, possibly bug
> fixed drivers on your Linux box.  And they Just Work.

This would be absolutely out of the question for me. Either they publish
their stuff and it arrives via the distribution I trust or I must assume
they are too embarrased to show their code in public. Then I don't want
it on my box. Such a printer is next day back in the shop.

Cheers