Re: kernel errors

On 05/02/2023 03:12, Richmond wrote:
The errors about sr0 come before the stuff about resume.

Does the following command generate similar errors (taken from initrd scripts, UUID is intentionally not from the set of existing partitions)?

blkid -l -t UUID=11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111 -o device

I would try it at first in normally running system. Perhaps some caches may be involved preventing query to the optical drive. I have no bright idea how to cause drop to initrd shell to try the command there, perhaps root=... kernel command line parameter may be removed or changed to non-existing device from grub prompt.

I am unsure which particular command from initrd scans devices, my guess may be wrong.