Re: lists

On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 08:13:12AM -0500, Pocket wrote:

> On 12/20/23 07:59, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 07:38:49AM -0500, Pocket wrote:
> > > which pocket@columbus.rr.com
> > Not sure what you're trying to achieve but these administrative
> > commands should go to the mailing list software at
> > <majordomo@lists.debian.org>, not to debian-user@, which is the list
> > itself and its thousands of subscribers.
> >
> > (A pity the list software does not automatically hold mails with
> > administrative commands in them, like Mailman does.)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andy
> >

> Every 60 days I get kicked from this list which I receive an email stating
> my kick value is 2%.
>
> I then try to see if I am subscribed by the web and sending emails to the
>
> majordomo@lists.debian.org which fails,
>
> trying to subscribe from the web gets me gateway errors.

And sending majordomo commands to the mailing list
itself gets you angry fellows.

Alas, it seems you can't win!

Have you researched /why/ you "get kicked"? Barring active
admin intervention, the most probable cause seems to be
that your mail provider bounces list mails. After some number
of bounces, the list software gives up, as it should.

Cheers