Re: difference in seconds between two formatted dates ...

On 12/20/23, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 07:15:20AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 07:43:51AM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>> >  I do see the good in what you are suggesting to me and I will have to
>> > include time zones in the file names as well and deal with the
>> > possible cases (someone working at Charles de Gaulle Airport in
>> > Paris/France boards a plane to Boston Logan/MA/USA ...).
>
> How would this person's computer notice?

 The only way I see is for the running computer on "exposed mode" to
check via systemd if the time zone has been changed and reset it in
that case before you use date for file naming for all data that is
kept in a measured way.

 In the case of the person flying from Paris to Boston he will find
out that he flew away from continental Europe once he reboots his
computer in "exposed mode" (pun intended). He will notified of the
time zone he had used before and all such deltas will be kept. The
only measured data that will be deleted is the one which remains the
same.

 lbrtchx