Re: difference in seconds between two formatted dates ...

On 12/18/23, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> When you write   dt00=$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)
> that's /your/ format, not coreutils'.

 I (erroneously?) thought coreutils was maintaining Linux date, so if
they tell you on their --help instructions to use certain options
(including cobbling them together to your heart's content) and you are
telling them you are using their format and how, they should be able
to parse that string. ANyway, my hack around it wasn't effortful at
all.

 lbrtchx