Re: Mouse single click handling?

Alexander V. Makartsev composed on 2023-12-19 11:37 (UTC-0500):

> local10 wrote:

>> I have several mice that went bad with the same defect: they sometimes generate two single clicks very quickly (say, within 10-20ms) instead of a single click.
> This is a very common problem with micro-switches inside computer mice,
> mechanical keyboards, etc.
> They wear out with use and has to be replaced, given that they are very
> inexpensive, standardized and relatively easy to replace.
> Here is a link to PDF datasheet [1] for Omron D2F series switches
> specifications.
> You need a switch with pin plunger and compatible terminals, those
> depend on mice model.
> You can buy them at local electronics store, order them from China
> (AliExpress), or from any other reputable source.

> [1] https://omronfs.omron.com/en_US/ecb/products/pdf/en-d2f.pdf

Can you suggest any particular online source in North America that sells those
switches? I had no success trying to refurb one in my invaluable Logitech Trackman
Marble FX PS/2 trackball. It took 2 hours to get that tiny switch back together
after disassembly and cleaning. :( A Kensington Orbit I had much better luck with
cleaning, so didn't need a new switch.

AliExpress is reputable? That's news to me. I ordered something from it 20 months
ago. There was a lot of back and forth email between us before I actually got
something a month later that turned out to be used rather than new, and just as
broken as the original part I was trying to replace. My credit card company
eventually issued a refund after I explained all that happened. That particular
card I rarely used, and hadn't for a number of months before that online purchase
or for several months after. 3 months or so after the refund, there were 4 cash
advances issued on it totaling around $8,000 on the other side of an ocean I had
never crossed. Those got reversed, but my credit rating dropped 100 points and
hasn't come near recovering.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata