Re: Mouse single click handling?

On 19.12.2023 21:41, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 09:37:20PM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
On 19.12.2023 20:04, local10 wrote:
Hi,

I have several mice that went bad with the same defect: they sometimes generate two single clicks very quickly (say, within 10-20ms) instead of a single click.
This is a very common problem with micro-switches inside computer mice,
mechanical keyboards, etc.
They wear out with use and has to be replaced, given that they are very
inexpensive, standardized and relatively easy to replace.
I've had some success inserting a thin shim between plunger and
switch, on the theory that the whole thing (plunger, switch, mount
on the PCB) get shortened/worn out on use.
Usually it is gunk and taint getting accumulated on metal contacts inside.
If you really have to repair a micro-switch without soldering, you can disassemble them, clean thoroughly contacts inside and metal plate with Isopropyl alcohol, let it dry out and reassemble.
Required tools:
1. Needle to pry open a plastic cap and tweezers (those could be bought at hardware store)
2. Steady hands (can't be bought)
3. Good eyesight (you guessed it, also can't be bought).

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org