Re: Mouse single click handling?

On 12/19/23 11:48, Felix Miata wrote:
Alexander V. Makartsev composed on 2023-12-19 11:37 (UTC-0500):

local10 wrote:

I have several mice that went bad with the same defect: they sometimes generate two single clicks very quickly (say, within 10-20ms) instead of a single click.
This is a very common problem with micro-switches inside computer mice,
mechanical keyboards, etc.
They wear out with use and has to be replaced, given that they are very
inexpensive, standardized and relatively easy to replace.
Here is a link to PDF datasheet [1] for Omron D2F series switches
specifications.
You need a switch with pin plunger and compatible terminals, those
depend on mice model.
You can buy them at local electronics store, order them from China
(AliExpress), or from any other reputable source.

[1] https://omronfs.omron.com/en_US/ecb/products/pdf/en-d2f.pdf

Can you suggest any particular online source in North America that sells those
switches? I had no success trying to refurb one in my invaluable Logitech Trackman
Marble FX PS/2 trackball. It took 2 hours to get that tiny switch back together
after disassembly and cleaning. :( A Kensington Orbit I had much better luck with
cleaning, so didn't need a new switch.

AliExpress is reputable? That's news to me. I ordered something from it 20 months
ago. There was a lot of back and forth email between us before I actually got
something a month later that turned out to be used rather than new, and just as
broken as the original part I was trying to replace. My credit card company
eventually issued a refund after I explained all that happened. That particular
card I rarely used, and hadn't for a number of months before that online purchase
or for several months after. 3 months or so after the refund, there were 4 cash
advances issued on it totaling around $8,000 on the other side of an ocean I had
never crossed. Those got reversed, but my credit rating dropped 100 points and
hasn't come near recovering.
Hi,

digikey.com and mouser.com both have microswitches and good service. It will be a lot easier to throw the mouse away and get a new one. They are almost dirt cheap.

Best regards,
Fred