Re: Data disaster preparedness and recovery without RAID

On 12/14/23 08:04, Pocket wrote:
On Dec 14, 2023, at 4:09 AM, David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
Another benefit of ZFS snapshots is that they are are atomic.  (Yet another is that they are taken quickly.)  So long as your app or service has its files in a consistent state (ideally, closed), restoring from the snapshot should produce a set of files that work correctly.

Radioactive I see

Do not eat files that glow blue.  ;-)